We had our last pre-natal check-up on 16 Aug, and scheduled to induce baby Jovan on 18 Aug 2010 as mommy was dilated about 2.5cm. Who knows baby J can't wait to see the world, and he decided to have his birthday on 17 Aug instead. Hoho...my ganchiong baby...
Mommy was "attacked" by the constant menses-like-cramps on 17 Aug around 3am in the morning. After few hrs of monitoring, daddy and mommy felt that we should not take the risk as we were almost at the end of race. Called TMC hotline ~8am, and explained to them about my condition, was advised to go down directly to labour ward. Mommy quickly got up of the bed, double checked on the hospital bag after bathing and washing hair, headed to TMC around 830am after sending Isaac to nanny.
Before reaching TMC, we managed to get hold of Dr. YC, she advised us to go her clinic for check-up instead. CTG monitoring showing that mommy was having some irregular contractions although mommy can't feel it at all. *bleh* Dr. YC was then let us decide whether 1) to go ahead with our initial plan for induction on 18 Aug, but chances we may have to come back for delivery later in the day is high if my contractions turn regular, OR 2) to go directly to labour ward for induction, but she will wait and monitor for 2hrs first to see if my contractions become regular to trigger natural labour before she induce the baby. After discussing with hubby, we decided not to wait until the next day, but go ahead with delivery so that we would have enough time (at least 4hrs labour) for GBS antibiotic admission. Thus here is my labour story:
1100 – Checked in into labour ward No. 1. Hubby proceeded to register at the counter while a nurse attended to me. After changing into the hospital gown, I was shaved and given anema to clear the bowel. Strapped to the CTG machine.
1120 – Administered 2g of ampicillin (antibiotic for GBS) intravenously
112o-13oo – Regular contractions detected by CTG and we are officially in labour (Yeah, no induction is required, glad that we made the right decision)
1305 – Dr. YC came and did the VE for me. She broke my water bag. I was about 3cm dilated.
1415 – Contractions were ~4mins apart, but I couldn't really feel the pain.
1430 – Nurse did VE again and commented that I was progressing well with 4-5cm, after I complained I have urge to pass motion with contraction.
1445 – Was given a hormon drip to make contractions more effective to speed up the labour.
1515 – 2nd dose (1g) of ampicillin was administered.
1544 – Contractions getting more and more intense and I requested for epidural. The midwife did a VE check on me and found out I have already dilated 6-7cm. She asked me to try out the laughing gas and thigh injection to reduce the pain, as I should be delivered my baby soon (in about an hr time). Tried the laughing gas but ineffective, I insisted on epidural.
1600 – Anesthetist came and Epidural given. As expected, I shivered uncontrollably from the side effects of epidural. Although all said I should request the epidural much earlier, I don't regret with my decision as I finally experienced the labour pain and I hate to shiver from epidural.
1715 – The "poo poo" feeling getting very intense with every contraction. Midwife checked and found out I am ready to push but baby's head still quite high up. She lowered my epidural dose and guided me to push with every contraction.
1735 – Midwife did a final check and she commented my baby scalp was quite hard! *diaoz* Dr. YC was called as it was time for me to push out the baby J! Is really no joke in pushing the baby, almost breathless and exhausted after each push. Dr. YC has no choice but to ask 2 nurses to help me, by pushing my tummy when I push my baby, as she commented my pushing is not gung-ho enough! *pengz*
1750 – After about 15mins of pushing, baby J say hi to the world! Thanks so much to daddy, who was very very supportive and played a great role throughout the whole labour process!








1.jpg)